08 August 2018

Telstra vs Optus vs Vodafone - Aug 2018


I had been with Vodafone for many years and quite recently, I decided to go prepaid to try out the three different networks and compare their performance.  Here is what I found

Telstra

I can call people at home, the reception is good.
I can talk to clients at office, the reception is like landline.
Internet connection is good on the Seaford trainline except certain areas near Hallett Cove where the reception can drop to 50% for a few minutes.

Optus

I can call people at home, the reception is good.
I can talk to clients at office, the reception is good.
Internet connection is good on the Seaford trainline except certain areas near Hallett Cove where there is no reception for a few minutes.

Vodafone

I can call people at home, the reception is good.
I can’t talk to clients at office, reception is intermittent.
Internet connection is average on the Seaford trainline and no reception near Hallett Cove and Seacliff area.

Money for value wise

Telstra charges $49 a month for 20G
Optus charges $36 a month for 30G
Vodafone charges $45 a month for 30G

Conclusion

If voice reception and data connection is critical to you, go with Telstra
If you want more data and pay less and are willing to put up with lesser reception at times, go with Optus


No comments:

Post a Comment